PHOTOVOLTAIC SKYLIGHT - Villa Florestine
VILLA FLORESTINE - government of Monaco
This skylight is part of the renovation of Villa Florestine, an iconic building that houses the employment office of the Government of Monaco.
- Total Area - 48 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 15,658 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 31 lighting points
- CO2 emmisions avoided in 35 years - 10 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 9 barrels per m2
Example of a feasibility study of amorphous silicon photovoltaic skylight in Monaco:
- Payback time < 3 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 22 %
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
The photovoltaic glass has been manufactured in 9 sizes with different thicknesses and with an argon chamber.
The photovoltaic installation has been key in the modernization of this building, allowing it to generate its own clean and free energy.
Thanks to this skylight, the government of Monaco joins a long list of other sustainable municipalities and states that have already integrated photovoltaic glass into their buildings.
Client: Government of Monaco
Mechanical / electrical / structural installer; La Fonderie de Monaco
Architect: NMI atelier d´architecture / Monaco