photovoltaic street furniture - sidney
PHOTOVOLTAIC street furniture
Onyx Solar has completed a new street furniture project using our Crystalline Silicon photovoltaic glass in Sydney, Australia.
Our Photovoltaic glass installed on the surface of these canopies called ChillOUT Hub generates clean and free energy to allow community connectivity, allow knowledge sharing, and provide flexible spaces to meet, work, and play.
- Total Area - 12 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 51.950 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 102 lighting points
- CO2 emmisions avoided in 35 years - 35 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 31 barrels per m2
Example of a feasibility study of amorphous silicon photovoltaic canopy in Sidney:
- Payback time < 4.4 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 23 %
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
ChillOUT is a project in collaboration with Georges River Council, UNSW, and Street Furniture Australia that seeks to modernize urban furniture and is committed to clean and sustainable energy.
ChillOUT Hubs are prototypes of smart outdoor community spaces. They have public WiFi, device charging, seats and tables, smart containers, smart drinkers, lighting, and planters.
Each hub is configured through a modular system of Smart Tree shade structures, urban furniture, and integrated Photovoltaic glass.
These photovoltaic canopies provide the opportunity to relax, connect with the community and immerse yourself in nature
ChillOUT Hubs are being set up in three centers in South West Sydney and are a perfect place for seniors, parents, and children to get together and play while fulfilling their goal of improving a community public place.