PHOTOVOLTAIC FLOOR - 12 HARRISON STREET
PHOTOVOLTAIC FLOOR 12 HARRISON STREET
Onyx Solar has installed its anti-slip photovoltaic roof tiles at the rooftop of 12 Harrison Street, a unique pre-war condo located in the heart of Tribeca in New York City.
Rising six stories high and containing five apartments, the energy-generating floor system has been installed on the penthouse of the building, for a private client.
- Total Area - 12 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 54.183 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 36 lighting points
- CO2 emmisions avoided in 35 years - 4 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 32 barrels per m2
Example of a feasibility study of Amorphous silicon photovoltaic floor in New York:
- Payback time < 1.4 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 18.8%
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
The Onyx Solar photovoltaic glass tile comes with a textured finish, UL410 compliant, that allows the product to be slip-resistant.
Thanks to this installation, the building will meet NYC’s Climate Mobilization Act, Local Laws 92 & 94, which require a solar installation or green roofs on all new construction as well as buildings undertaking major roof renovations. In addition, it will allow the owners to enjoy the entire amenity space, since the PV floor tile doesn’t “steal” any single sqft of roof space, as opposed to conventional roof panel installations.
Client & installer (electrical & mechanical): Solar Deck