PHOTOVOLTAIC CANOPY - Lycée Emmanuel Chabrier
LYCÉE EMMANUEL CHABRIER
Onyx Solar has provided Photovoltaic Glass to create a Photovoltaic Canopy at Lycée Polyvalent Emmanuel Chabrier, located in Yssingeaux, in the French region of Auvergne.
The installation is located in the main access to the campus of the lycée, where a lot of people pass through daily. It also protects the bicycle parking lot, promoting a healthy and sustainable transport model among its students and workers.
- Total Area - 64 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 276.469 KWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 543 lighting points
- CO2 emmisions avoided in 35 years - 185 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 163 barrels per m2
Example of a feasibility study of Crystalline silicon photovoltaic skylight in Yssingeaux:
- Payback time < 5 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 20.4 %
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
The installation has a total of 64 m2, and it is composed of 30 Crystalline Silicon Photovoltaic Glass modules. Measuring 1,823x1,170 mm, each glass module is made of 66 monocrystalline cells and has a peak power of 314 Wp/module.
The configuration of those glass modules is 5T+5T mm with an HST treatment. HST treatment (Heat Soak Test) is a test performed on tempered glass, to reduce the risk of the pane breaking spontaneously to a minimum. This feature is relevant to ensure maximum safety for the hundreds of students and workers who pass under this infrastructure.
Owner: Lycée Polivalent Emmanuel Chabrier
Architects: CRR Architecture
Mechanical & electrical installer: Valenergies SAS