SOLAR PV SKYLIGHT - NEYA HOTEL PORTO
NEYA HOTEL PORTO
The skylight is made up of laminated safety glass modules with two different sizes (1245x2456 mm and 1245x1849 mm).
- Total Area - 214 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 322.965 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 634 lighting points
- CO2 emissions avoided in 35 years - 216 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 190 barrels per m2
Example of a feasibility study of amorphous silicon photovoltaic skylight in Porto:
- Payback time < 7.2 years
- Internal rate of return (IRR) 14.2 %
* Onyx Solar Energy S.L. makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the report is accurate, complete or up to date.
Low transparency glass has been seamlessly integrated into the building, maintaining its historic aesthetic.
The total installed power is 8.5 kWp, and it is capable of generating 322,965 kWh, enough power to power the 634 lights in the hotel, and to obtain substantial savings on the electricity bill.
Situated in a privileged location in Porto's ribeirinha area and 15 minutes from the airport, the NEYA Porto Hotel hugs the banks of the Douro River.
The hotel was a formerly historic convent called the Madre Deus de Monchique convent. The building was renovated respecting the original architecture of the abbey and preserving the historical artifacts.
The hotel has 124 rooms, multifunctional conference rooms designed to attend any type of event and with facilities according to its four stars