Balenciaga, one of the most recognized fashion brands and part of the Kering luxury group, has chosen Onyx Solar photovoltaic glass to dress the facade of its store in Miami with a design that combines beauty, innovation and sustainability.
Each of the 42 glass units (whose sizes are 2804 x 1388 mm and 2808 x 1413 mm) have a maximum power of 338 Wp. The installation will generate 7700 kW per year.
FEASIBILITY STUDY OF CRYSTALLINE SILICON PHOTOVOLTAIC CURTAIN WALL IN MIAMI
Reduction in HVAC energy demands
Internal Rate of Return
- Total Area - 165 M2
- Electricity generated in 35 years - 223,685 kWh
- Total lighting points operating 4 hours per day in 35 years - 439 lighting points
- CO2 emmisions avoided in 35 years - 150 Tons of CO2
- Barrels of oil saved in 35 years - 132 barrels per m2
The polycrystalline PV glass installed in the store located in Miami Fashion District has a beautiful blue color on the outer side of the laminate.
Its configuration is hurricane resistant and each Lite glass is heat reinforced. It has an optimized solar factor, which improves thermal comfort inside the building.
Awards & Recognitions:
- Winner: MOST INNOVATIVE CURTAIN WALL PROJECT AWARD – Glass Magazine (National Glass Association of US), 2018.